Rosabelle Purnama's Reviews > Evermore

Dec 26, 10

bookshelves: ipod-touch, paranormals, young-adult-fiction
Recommended for: Nobody
Read from December 20 to 26, 2010, read count: 1

Read so many reviews that see the resemblance of this book with the Twilight series. I didn't really like the twilight series. But I do see the resemblance in Noel's book. I think it also has a bit of similarities to Sookie Stackhouse series (which I love) and a touch of the Ghost Whisperer element. hmmm now it feels like Noel's taking elements from a few paranormal series LoL..

This is the first book in the immortal series. I haven't really get into the characters yet. It was boring in the first half of the book. Ever is a teenager, who's lost her entire family in a car crash and has to move and live with her aunt. She then changed from a popular, cheerleader type of girl in high school, to an outcast, hoodie-ipod combination type of girl.

The only part that I enjoyed about this book is when Ever is in Summerland. Other than that, I think this book is just plain. It wasn't bad bad, but it's missing that WOW factor, that other books have.

But, I'm willing to give the second book a try, to see if it's still that boring or if the story progresses into something more interesting and worth reading. The best part about this book is that I didn't buy it, and I'm glad I get to read it for free :P

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

12/23/2010 page 128
36.0% "hmm not really liking this one so far"
show 1 hidden update…