Mojca's Reviews > The Fall

The Fall by Marie Force

Dec 20, 10

bookshelves: marie-force, contemporary-romance, gr-author, e-book, own, favorites
Recommended to Mojca by: Marie
Read on December 20, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I’m speechless. Actually speechless and I can’t remember the last time it happened to me after finishing a book.

There was so much going on in this story I could never do it justice no matter how long or detailed the review, so I’ll keep it simple.
This was a complex story of long friendships being broken because of an act out-of-character, of trust toppling when someone does something unexpected, of bonds made in a blink of an eye, of “survivor’s guilt”, of wondering how something good can be born out of hurt, pain, and betrayal...

Gosh, this sounds so lame, but I’m still speechless.

This book was made of four stories intertwined into one with great characters, realistic problems and troubles, moments of magic, bitter-sweetness, romance, laughter, and tears.
It was definitely on the “heavier” side of romance, nothing light-weight about it, but still a real pleasure to read.

And yes, I’m still speechless. But there’s one thing I can say. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fall.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Mojca,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I'm so glad The Fall resonated with you. You're right that it's on the heavier side for a romance, so I was hoping readers would enjoy it anyway. Your review made me a little teary eyed. :-) Thank you again!
Marie

Mojca It's that leaning on the heavy side that makes it even more realistic. Because as I read it, I kept thinking, "Sure, this could happen. To anyone." Such twists (of fate) are much more realistic and believable than reading about a bunch of hunky SWAT guys invading a home of a "normal housewife", for example.

And not only did it resonate, Marie, I still feel the ripple effect. Darn, this one was really good.

Keep up the good work. ;)

message 3: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Thank you so much. I have always loved this book and the issues the characters confront in it. Soooo glad to have the opportunity to get it out to readers. Life is all about that gray area that occurs between the black and white of right and wrong. We'd all like to think we know exactly what we'd do in any given situation--until we're in it and then it's not quite so clear. I loved writing about that gray area. :-) Thanks again for your kind review. It really made my day!
Hugs,