Catherine's Reviews > The Undead Heart

The Undead Heart by Tate Jackson

Jan 24, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: did-not-finish, vampires, reviewed

I actually started reading this book a while ago but I found it really hard to get into, so I never got round to finishing it. The synopsis sounded great but unfortunately, the writing style didn’t appeal to me at all. I’ve only read about 40 or so pages at the moment but I’m finding the beginning quite rushed and poorly written so it’s hard to carry on with the story. I’m not really connecting with the any of the characters either because they’re all too impulsive. However, there’s a lot of very good reviews for this book and I’m wondering if maybe it will get better as the book progresses, so I’ll refrain from giving a rating now and maybe I will find the time and motivation to finish this book some other time.

***
UPDATE

I really tried, but I really don't like it. The more I read it, the more it feels like a poorly written fanfiction, especially with all the grammatical errors. The blurb describes this as Twilight for adults but I don't think the author managed to pull this off, at least not for me. I hate to say this, but I would pick Twilight over this any day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Undead Heart.