Sarah's Reviews > Agnes and the Hitman

Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie

Dec 31, 10

bookshelves: fiction, mystery
Read from December 19 to 31, 2010

I was thinking this may be a solid murder mystery with a strong female character, but it didn’t really live up to that for me. Agnes is probably supposed be seen as tough, fighting back with frying pans and refusing to back down from her dreams, but there’s just something incredibly whiney and naïve about her that irked me. The characters are just a bit too stereotypical to be anything more than personalities on a page. I will give the book credit though for having a decent plot line. The details of the side stories were a tad unwieldy at times, but in general I was impressed with the writer’s ability to offer more than the usual thin murder mystery plot. Kind of like Evanovich with more substance. Just a forewarning...this perhaps wasn’t an ideal audio book. There is some explicit language and sexual content, which personally I have no problem with, but which proved awkward when I would pull up beside other cars with my stereo blasting and the windows open.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agnes and the Hitman.