Jean Pearl's Reviews > The Piper's Son

Apr 30, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from December 19, 2010 to April 30, 2011

Thomas Mackee was my favorite character in Saving Francesca and I just can't wait to read his side of his story after 5 years. Especially when it's now his turn to be saved.

This is pure drama. Excessive and dark drama. A truly brilliant piece of a perfect realistic drama. This is what I love about Melina Marchetta's stories. It made me cry, like I was watching a drama on television, only, this is better than most I've seen on TV. And yes. It is gut-wrenching. The pain, agony and grief shoot right through your gut it hurts so.. so... much. Like I was in that story itself, an invisible live character who's asked to witness each of the character's soliloquies. While I was reading, it was more like a visual experience and every event is so vivid. And the characters are so real. Their emotions wave in a very deep sense that you can't help but feel for each one of them. No matter how deep I mean they are. It's the depth of everything in the story that makes it to perfection. I'm not saying it's a perfect book but somehow, the trueness it shines says something close to a perfect. This book has that wonderful depiction of a certain realistic relationship about family, friends, and love. As cliche as this sounds but as life goes on, no matter shitty it becomes, so does hope...and yes love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Piper's Son.

Quotes Jean Pearl Liked

Melina Marchetta
“Maybe she'd always been there. Maybe strangers enter your heart first and then you spent the rest of your life searching for them. ”
Melina Marchetta, The Piper's Son