Kit★'s Reviews > On a Highland Shore

On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens

Jan 28, 11

bookshelves: historical, medieval, romance, scottish, viking
Read from January 26 to 28, 2011

I'm giving this book 5 stars, because it's been a long time since I've read a historical romance that was everything I wanted. There was action, adventure, castles, battles, an evil villain, and a thoroughly emotional love story. Not to mention the triumph against the bad guy, which was an exciting scene in itself. Margaret was a great character, I felt for her from the beginning, felt her seething rage at her betrayal, her helplessness in the dictates of family and king, the loss of her family. I liked Gannon as well, he was kind and patient, with morals as well as an excellent warrior. I loved the author's attention to detail, as well as the smooth flow of her writing. I'd definitely like to read more by Ms. Givens. The battle scenes were exciting without being overly full of blood and guts, and I was cheering right along with the clan members. I'd like to know Nell's story though, and if they ever found young Davey. I hope that their story is out there, and not just to be left up to my imagination.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On a Highland Shore.