Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral's Reviews > Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink

Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann

Dec 18, 2010

Read in December, 2010

Ah, more adventures of Pinkalicious! My 5 year old daughter and I love these books and we were so glad when we found an I Can Read! version that my daughter could read with a little help from me.

In this installment, Pinkalicious receives skates as a gift, paints them pink and notices the reactions around her:

Mommy did not smile. Daddy smiled a little, I think.

I found myself giggling with my daughter because Victoria captures a preschooler/Kindergartner's observations perfectly. The illustrations are bright, colorful and most of all, yes, PINK. And the prose the story is one where, as usual, there's a bit of a lesson in it for the reader.

If you're looking for a great stocking stuffer for your little Pinkalicious reader, be sure to pick up this latest story in the series. As for my Kindergartner, she and I are looking forward to the next picture book, Silverlicious which comes out on February 1, 2011. Here's a link to that synopsis (http://www.harpercollins.com/books/Si...) and the release date may be just in time for my daughter to lose her first tooth.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pinkalicious.