Greg's Reviews > Moab Is My Washpot

Moab Is My Washpot by Stephen Fry

Dec 21, 10

bookshelves: autobiographies
Read from December 18 to 20, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I've had this particular book in my collection, and to-be-read pile for quite some time now. Every time I go near the bookshelf, it's been calling out to me to be read. Thankfully, with school out for the year, it's allowed me to endure this thrilling autobiography of Stephen Fry's distinctive first twenty years.

Had I not looked up some reviews before buying, and again before reading the autobiography, I would have never expected it to be like it is. The writing, yes, of course it was going to well articulated, coherently and entertainingly well-written. Humorous, in fact. But the actions of his childhood and adolescence, and the consequences he faced as a result of such bad behaviour I would have never, [i]ever[/i] expected.

It was an enthralling, extraordinary autobiography that has left me wanting more - which is evidence in its self of the quality of [i]Moab is my Washpot[/i]. If you're a Fry fan, you'd love this book. If you're not a Fry fan, well, you'll probably still love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moab Is My Washpot.