The Flooze's Reviews > Moon Over Soho

Dec 22, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal, owned, vanquished_2011, mystery
Read from October 18 to December 21, 2011, read count: 1

**3.5**

It took me forever to read this one, but please don't think that's a reflection on this second installment of the Peter Grant series. (Instead blame work, moving house, and the holiday season.)

Peter continues to be an engaging lead and the supporting characters remain intriguing. With each book, Aaronovitch is expanding the world and our knowledge of magic and he's keeping me anxious to discover future twists and turns - especially where Peter's boss, Nightingale, is concerned.

I'm pleased to note that Aaronovitch has found a balance for his anecdotal interjections. Instead of weighing down the text, they now add local color and personality.

Moon Over Soho confirms that Peter Grant is a series to pay attention to, weaving together magic, murder and mystery in a manner both playful and filled with suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Over Soho.

10/23/2011 page 48
17.0% "No, I thought, but you might remember me from such Saturday-night hits as "Would you please put that punter down I'd like to arrest him," "You can stop kicking him now, the ambulance has arrived," and the classic "If you don't back off right now I'm going to nick you as well.""

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cathy Glad you enjoyed it, this was one of my favorite new series of the year. Wishing you great joy, heallth and success in your new home in the new year and the years to come.

The Flooze Thanks very much, Cathy! All the best to you and yours as well!

It's turning out to be a great series. I love a good mix of mystery and humor. :)