Steve's Reviews > Dancing in the Moonlight

Dancing in the Moonlight by RaeAnne Thayne

Dec 28, 2010

liked it
Read from December 18 to 24, 2010

Dancing in the Moonlight was surprisingly enjoyable for me. I decided to give it a shot even though I don't like romance stories really at all, and I was pleased to discover that this story is more than a corny romance.

The story is set in rural Idaho and surrounds Magdalena Cruz, a nurse and war veteran who has returned home without part of her left leg, and Jake Dalton, the local physician who naturally happens to be the perfect boy scout with the body of a Greek god. He also happens to be single and has been secretly in love with Maggie for years. Come on. See why I don't like romance stories? Anyway, Maggie has despised Jake's family for years over a bad business deal involving their fathers long ago, and Jake must figure out how to get past that so they can be together.

While this story is primarily a romance, there isn't an abundance of sex and there is some interesting insight into the feelings of someone in Maggie's situation, meaning the physical and emotional issues associated with losing a limb in battle. There is certainly a level of romance tradition in this story that I wasn't crazy about, but there is enough of a real story alongside it that I finished it and gave it three stars.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this story to everyone who doesn't like romance, but it's not a bad one to throw in if you want to explore the genre a little bit. For me personally, if I'm going to read a romance story, this is a good one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing in the Moonlight.

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky really? :) i'd be interested to know what a man thinks of this book.

Steve Becky wrote: "really? :) i'd be interested to know what a man thinks of this book."

I'm open to reading lots of different things, even if I don't necessarily expect to enjoy them. :) I'll never know if I don't give it a shot, right? I have to admit that I'm kind of forcing my way through this one so far, but I haven't given up on it yet, and I do give up on some.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky that's a good outlook :) i would have never found my favorite genre if i didn't break out of the box.

Rachael wow good to see men like romances steve