Bianca St. 's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Feb 27, 11

bookshelves: favorites, book-boyfriends, there-were-tears
Read in August, 2010

I loved this book! I couldn't stop reading. The plot is absolutely amazing and it's a great romance book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes Bianca Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.

I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.

So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouragingly.

I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.

Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.”

Suzanne Collins
“I don't want to lose the boy with the bread.”

Suzanne Collins
“I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, 'So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?' I turn into him. 'Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.”

Suzanne Collins
“Peeta, you said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?

Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair...it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up."

Your father? Why?"

He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner.'"

What? You’re making that up!"

No, true story. And I said, 'A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?' And he said, 'Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen.”

Suzanne Collins
“Katniss, the girl who was on fire!”

Suzanne Collins
“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”