Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)'s Reviews > The Return: Nightfall

Dec 24, 10

bookshelves: lj-smith-world, borrowed, vampires
Read from December 19 to 24, 2010

ATTENTION READERS!
If you REALLY liked this book, please don't read my review below.

Well...I thought the book was...BORING! This book was, like, so lame and I think the previous book (Dark Reunion) should have been the best ending for the Vampire diaries, but no...How could that be? -_-

L.J Smith- *yawning and thinking* I am bored. Which book should I ruin?
Night World? Nah!
Dark Visions? Nah!
The Secret Circle? Nah!
Forbidden Games? Nah!
Well, How about The Vampire Diaries?
Umm...Yeah! That sounds good! Why do people love this series so much? I will ruin this book!

No, seriously. I think that was in L.J smiths mind while writing the whole book.

Might Contain Spoilers!
SWEAR ALERT!

The Characters:
Omg! Elena was so LAME! First an innocent kid who can fly? WTF? and then people looking at her when she says "Damn" like, "OMG! Shes too innocent, she can't say that." WTF! It was so lame, so lame, I couldn't possibly think how could an author really right this book after her previous books have been so awesome? She was like a werido shape shifter or something in this book...

My reactions on Elena
Elena Dead:
Hmm...didn't expect that. Buh still...k!

Elena Vampire:
Ahan...ohk...I can see that...because it's "Vampire Diaries"...

Elena Innocent Baby: (Who can actually fly)
Hahahaha! that's so lame...but the book says she will turn normal so I am waiting for that...

Elena Angel:
Seriously...What the fuck? what kind of a freak is she? OOoo I wanna be a fairy! *I believe you can be a pain in everyone's ass*
*turns into fairy* WTH?!

Stefann looked like my Grandma in this book......

Me:- Sneaking and stealing toffee from the kitchen.
Stefan:- *Looking at me*
Me:- SHIT!
Stefan:- Oh Lord! What are you doing my little lovely love?
Me:- Sorry :(.....on the other hand, little lovely love? WTF?!
Stefan:- Now let me put that toffee back, you don't want to spoil your teeth now don't you?
Me:- Whatever!
Stefan:- Let me read a story book to you and then I will sleep in the rocking chair so you won't be scared.
Me:- You are such a desperate bitch...
Stefan:- *Shocked* Don't say bad words...you know I can't fight back.

He is so pure, so pure...he is a vampire. -_- Chill out dude and be evil or whatever but don't act like a Grandma. I was so happy that Stefan wasn't in the half of this book or he would have ruined it...
Damon...He was so good except for what the author made him do or say >.< Mutt? Muff? Mett? hahaha. The author wrote such an awesome joke, It was so funny, I forgot to laugh. -_- But he was so sweet and I loved him :D

Mutt is a Mutt. Hes a weirdo.

Matt: I like Elena, I like Elena
Damon: Kiss Elena...
Matt: No I would die, I would Jump, etc etc...

Seriously? That was lame. And if you really don't like Elena, why don't you just go up to Bonnie and say I Like you? Mhan...sometimes, I even think hes gay!
Bonnie, seriously, stop acting like "Omg! I need help..AA..OO" and start fighting. And get over Damon. He's Elena's...Happy now?

Plot:
So lame. I hate it.
Full Story: Elena is a kiddo and then she turns back while people out there thinks shes still dead and Stefan is acting like her mom all the time. Damon in the other hand wants Elena for himself when he freaking knows she would be like
"NA NA NANA NA! I am Stefan's" Bonnie and Meredith moms are like, "hahaha...my daughter is so sweet. they are at each others house" while they are fighting for their life. And Matt, God only knows where are his parents when the police man said "He stole a freaking car? you get it? A CAR? Then a weirdo sister and brother who kiss each other *WTF* wants to rule the world and insert a eww "Malach or something" in people's body and they start going insane.Ohk. Where are the FBI?
The other Vampire Diaries series kind of made sense. I could follow the story and understand. At by end of book 3, Elena was fully dead. Then she came back to life in book 4. Fine. I get that. Now, in this book, What's up with the whole Elena witch and wings thing? and the little demon things? I really did not understand how this had anything to do with anything that had happened before. And Elena's white magic thing was so laughable. The story seemed to be going in circles. First they here, but then they weren't because the demons actually made them go here. And there. And all over the neighborhood. Then at the dying moment Elena cranks up her magic and saves everyone. When I was done reading I was thoroughly confused, and the only conclusion I could come to was, "Yep. L. J. Smith was on crack. Or if she wasn't she should have been."

Overall it was a weird book. It was like somebody forced her to write or shes too tired of this series. Ok Smith, we get it that you are bored of this series or something. But please don't make us suffer for it. I will read the next book just because my friend has it or else I would have said, "sheesh...I have some other work to do rather than read a weird book..."
VERY DISAPPOINTING! I will give this book umm...2/5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Return.

Quotes Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Liked

“You're talking!"
"I know I am."
"And making sense!"
"Thank you kindly."
"And in sentences!"
"I've noticed." - Stefan and Elena”

L.J. Smith
“Why do people always assume that volume will succeed when logic won’t? - Damon”

L.J. Smith
“Come on, it’s an American tradition. Apple soup? Mom’s homemade chicken pie?'
She chuckled in spite of herself, then winced. 'It’s apple pie and Mom’s homemade chicken soup. But you didn’t do badly, for a start.”

L.J. Smith
“Elena startled both of them by flying up so quickly that Stefan had to grab her by the waist to keep her from shooting toward the ceiling.
I thought you had gravity!”
So did I! What do I do?”
Think heavy thoughts!”
What if it doesn’t work?”
We’ll buy you an anchor!”

L.J. Smith
“Yeah, tell me I’m a bottle of single malt scotch, she thought. That’s the way to my heart.”

L.J. Smith
“Feeling better?” he asked.
“As warm as chicken-apple soup.”
“I’m never going to hear the end of that, am I?”

L.J. Smith
“And just then Damon stepped out of the coat closet, and at the same time Aunt Maggie tripped him neatly and said, “Bathroom door beside you,” and picked up a vase and hit the rising Damon over the head with it. Hard.”

L.J. Smith
“For a moment, as Damon glanced toward Elena, their gazes met and something electric passed between them. It made Elena tingle all over, that look did.”

L.J. Smith
“You,” Damon said somewhat indistinctly through the blood in his mouth, “have been a naughty boy, boy.”

L.J. Smith
“Bonnie, believe in me. I’ll save you.

I remember how to fly.”

L.J. Smith
“I'm with you, my angel.”

L.J. Smith
“I am not an angel and I am not a spirit. I'm Elena Gilbert and I've been to the Other Side. And right now I'm ready to do whatever needs to be done, which seems to include kicking some ass!”

“Wings of PURIFICATION”

12/20/2010 page 90
12/20/2010 page 180
30.0% "Team Damon FTW! \m/ The story is ok...not that good!!! I was expecting something worth than Elena and Stefan making out!"
12/21/2010 page 235
40.0% "Omg! This book is so damn boring. I can't even focus! so boring..."
12/21/2010 page 340
57.0% "Hahahaha! This book is so lame! And on facebook, one of my friends wrote "Demon" instead of "Damon" and my best friend was like "WTH who is Demon?" Lmao xD *Damon:-Kiss Elena or die! hahahahhaha! xP *Mutt...opps Matt:- NOOOOO! lameass!!!"
12/23/2010 page 486
82.0% "Yes! Only 4 damn Chapters left. I am so bored."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyzi (last edited Dec 25, 2010 02:51PM) (new)

Joyzi Love your review, I'm addicted to the series but my friend already warned me that the books sucks, so I just stick with watching it

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Thanks =D But if you seriously want to read vampire diaries, then you can borrow the first 4 books from your friends or from the library :D They are great! From here the story sucks!

Hani r u always logged in........its like after every chpt
Seriously

message 4: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi ah 'kay thanks Saniya

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) ur welcum :)
@Hani-- Lol! my computer is always open, 24/7! so I am always logged in :D

message 6: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi What? your computer is always open?

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Yup :D Because my sister is always downloading movies and da Internet is free xD and I will do anything but study!!!

message 8: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi ah okay ^^

Zara me thinks u should write parodies

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Hahaha :P I was so angry with this book...Arghh! It was so lame and frustrating!!! >.<

Aly (Fantasy4eva) omg, this is fucking fantastic. Could not stop laughing. I know, tell me about it. Mutt. Like wtf. I adore Damon but she's just turned him into a complete whiny bitch in this one. Don't even get me started on Elena. URGH!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Hahaha, thanks. Even though this review was very kiddish, I was like, 13 O.O
I know! It was like she was extending the series somehow. And that went really wrong.

message 13: by denny (new) - rated it 1 star

denny I hate the book, you gave too many stars, haha! I didn't read the whole review but if I read anything more Nightfall related I'm probably going to rage... Didn't even finish the book though, still struggling with it, it's way too boring.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Hahaha, I know how you feel.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: I think she's gonna ruin more series. =[ She's already been planning another book for The forbidden game (for adults), Is rewriting Night world's finale and was planning on another Secret circle book before they booted her from that and Vampire diaries. I'm not sure about Dark visions though.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Yeah, another secret circle book written by some other author. And OMG! I have been waiting for the last book of Night World for like, 2 years now. I guess Dark Visions ended.
God. Thats what happens when you become a really famous author of so many books :\ Poor her.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Well others have been waiting for Strange fate for over 10 years though. O.O Personally i think she's writing these unnecessary sequels just to please certain fans of certain pairings. =/

message 18: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Jan 26, 2012 10:14AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) WOAW! 10 years! O.O
I guess maybe you are right.

message 19: by Sam (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sam LMAO! This review completely cracked me up! It's hilarious! Hahahaha.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) i reread this and nearly spat out my tea. i still can't get over how hilarious this review is. i don't know if it was intentional or not but this has to be the most hilarious review i have ever read. No joke. epic!

message 22: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Jun 04, 2012 06:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) LOL! Thanks! :D
After I read this book, I was like, realllyy angry. I guess maybe I had major hard tests and I had to study at that time and then I was expecting this book to be good because I spend like, 4-5 days reading it. Turned out to be crap -_-
Hahaha, atleast I made people laugh. My job is done. xD

Sammie i kinda agree i didnt even finish the series i only read it for damon it didnt hold my attention but i did like the secret circle and dark visons the first time around i read them before when i was younger but i dont now i couldnt they would be boring

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) No no, dark visions and secret circle are good, I was just giving an example :)

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Hey, thanks alot :)
Hmmph, well that depends. Maybe if I have enough time, I might borrow and read the next book. Chances are there.

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Very well said! This is exactly what I've been thinking throughout the entire book. It is just so ridiculous! I liked the first four books and couldn't put them down. It took me a couple of days to read each of the first four books, but I think I started this book about 3 weeks ago and I still have about 10% of it left. There are too many instances when all I'm thinking is "WHAT THE...?!" If the rest of the books are like this one, then it's no wonder they fired her and replaced her with a ghost writer. Was she drunk or just plain insane when she wrote this book?

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie I often felt like I was reading a book written by an 8th grader. Just very poorly written and the plot is just all over the place.

message 28: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers) Yes it was BORING! I couldn't wait for it to be over!

Laura I might respect your review if you put some intelligence in it.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) It was supposed to be funny. Not some serious shit. Sheesh. -_-

Laura It wasn't.

message 32: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited May 06, 2013 11:46AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Well. first of all, 30 people clearly found it funny. Second of all, nobody cares what you think. And Lastly, If you don't think this review is good, then why don't you just scroll on to the next review instead of commenting pointlessly ? Go and rant somewhere else. I don't have time for your shit anyway.

Laura My one sentence comments are rants, but that comment wasn't?

Katie Robertson The only reason u don't like them is because u don't understand them.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) When did I say it wasn't? :)

Yeah, I don't understand crap. :c

Laura Lol I get it; it's funny because your review makes more sense than the book. XD Haha you're right about the book, btw. 0.o Freakin weird and stupid. The kitsune were cool, though.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Katie wrote: "The only reason u don't like them is because u don't understand them."

I agree with Saniya. These books are completely unreadable, They are absolute garbage.

Nagina Khan Such a spot-on review

Katie Robertson Of curse I wrote it duh it RIGHT THERE

Caitlin This review made me laugh so much since everything's true! Don't forget that angel Elena somehow managed to get herself stuck in a friggin snow globe!!! :P