Brooke's Reviews > Liar

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Jun 14, 11

bookshelves: aussie-ya, i-own-a-copy, could-not-finish, no-no-no, disappointed-me, weird-and-wacky
Read on June 14, 2011

I wanted to love this. Really, truly, I did - I found the concept of 'Liar' intriguing. I went into it open minded, yet ready to be drawn in.

That being said, I was 50 pages in and would have achieved a greater sense of enjoyment staring at the wall. I just couldn't connect with any of the characters. I hated Micah, she irritated me. I'm sorry, that sounds harsh.

I'm not saying I hated the book, however it just never captured my attention and I lost interest. I sat here thinking about 3 other books I'd rather be reading whilst trying to get through page after page. Perhaps I didn't give the book a fair go, but when I started skipping ahead chapters and still had no desire to keep going, I knew something was up.

I don't really need to say much more, I guess. Make your own minds up though, who knows, it may just be your cup of tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liar.

06/14/2011 page 25
8.0% "... Weird is the only word to describe my thoughts thus far. Not sure about this one..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Milly I felt the same way! I don't know how I could have finished it but I did. I was waiting for it to get better until I finally reached the end and no change. I felt like I wasted my time!

Brooke Yeah I think that's how I would have felt which is why I didn't bother wasting my time, plus I have so many other books I want to read and have at home :o)

Milly Brooke wrote: "Yeah I think that's how I would have felt which is why I didn't bother wasting my time, plus I have so many other books I want to read and have at home :o)"

I know! I should get over this compulsion to finish every book I read!

message 4: by TG (new) - added it

TG thnxs 4 the advice, my bffl is readin it and she said its awesome, so im going 2 start

Jessica Dillon I finished this book last year and afterwards felt like I had wasted the last 4 hours of my life. HAHA, it was truly terrible. But the amazing thing is, I have read another book by the same author called "How to Lose Your Fairy" and I was cracking up laughing and enjoyed it alot. Odd. :P