J. 's Reviews > Let It Snow

Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson

Dec 18, 2010

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2010

I chose this book as a recommendation from a trusted book friend and I read it because it was Christmas time and I wanted something light and romantic. Overall, I LOVED IT! But since it's an anthology of sorts, I'll review the authors separately.

Johnson - I have never read any of her work, but I will check it out soon. I laughed for all 117 pages, sometimes voracious obnoxious laughter too. Hy-sterical. My favorite humor since Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It was serious and it was funny and certainly sweet. Hard combo to attain.

Green - Green doing what he does best. Boy unknowingly in love with girl. Funny to be sure. Not quite as funny as Johson, but certainly had it's moments of hilarity and sweetness.

Myracle - My least favorite of the three. And certainly did not keep the lighthearted humor up. The character Addie got a bit annoying at times and my favorite part was the wrap it all up end.

Overall, I loved it. It was romantic and sweet without being too saccharine and cheesy. (Myracle's got a little Christmas-y on me, but it panned out well.) I think I have discovered a new Christmas tradition!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let It Snow.

12/18/2010 page 215
61.0% "I love love love love love this book."