Elle's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Dec 31, 10

bookshelves: baddass-leading-ladies, 2010-read, finished-series, nawwww, shaggable-men, elles-reviews, fantasy-and-paranormal
Read from December 17 to 18, 2010

Well for crying in a bucket, THIS, is a good series.

It was only about 6 months ago that I became a frequent reader.
Yes, dear Goodreaders. It was Twilight that did it. But in my defence, I only read the Twilight series because I had seen the first three movies already, and I'll be FEKKED if I was going to wait another goddamn year to find out who Bella chose in the end!

Regardless, the point is this.
I was on board with world of all things paranormal, which is why I picked up the Vampire Academy Series.

**** SERIES SPOILERS!! ****

I adore Rose. She's a bit of an arrogant version of Katniss (Hunger Games), but waaaay more of a badass.
I loved that when we were introduced to Rose in the first book she was a stubborn, horny teenager. And then as the series progressed she became, well, STILL a stubborn, horny teenager actually, but she did sort out her priorities better. (When I say 'better', I'm referring to THAT scene in Spirit Bound where she insists that Adrian 'wrapitup' before any funny business. You know, instead of just swanning boobs-first in to her mentors’ bedroom and demanding he ravish her without hesitation.)

Dimitri had me at “Roza”.

But as far as awesome characters go, Abe takes the biscuit. He’s hilarious. I love a good bit of humour amongst my fiction.

As for the team Dimitri/Adrian thing, I don't think I was actually all that concerned with who she would end up with. But I will say this: Adrian is my fictional husband.
And THAT scene in Spirit Bound did things to me. It made me look over at my snoring otherhalf and shake my head. Lame much?

My advice? Get into Vampire Academy quick smart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.