Elle's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Dec 31, 2010

bookshelves: baddass-leading-ladies, first-of-series, 2010-read, nawwww, shaggable-men, elles-reviews, fantasy-and-paranormal
Recommended to Elle by: All you Goodreaders
Recommended for: The living
Read in December, 2010 , read count: 2

Well for crying in a bucket, THIS, is a good series.

It was only about 6 months ago that I became a frequent reader.
Yes, dear Goodreaders. It was Twilight that did it. But in my defence, I only read the Twilight series because I had seen the first three movies already, and I'll be FEKKED if I was going to wait another goddamn year to find out who Bella chose in the end!

Regardless, the point is this.
I was on board with world of all things paranormal, which is why I picked up the Vampire Academy Series.

**** SERIES SPOILERS!! ****

I adore Rose. She's a bit of an arrogant version of Katniss (Hunger Games), but waaaay more of a badass.
I loved that when we were introduced to Rose in the first book she was a stubborn, horny teenager. And then as the series progressed she became, well, STILL a stubborn, horny teenager actually, but she did sort out her priorities better. (When I say 'better', I'm referring to THAT scene in Spirit Bound where she insists that Adrian 'wrapitup' before any funny business. You know, instead of just swanning boobs-first in to her mentors’ bedroom and demanding he ravish her without hesitation.)

Dimitri had me at “Roza”.

But as far as awesome characters go, Abe takes the biscuit. He’s hilarious. I love a good bit of humour amongst my fiction.

As for the team Dimitri/Adrian thing, I don't think I was actually all that concerned with who she would end up with. But I will say this: Adrian is my fictional husband.
And THAT scene in Spirit Bound did things to me. It made me look over at my snoring otherhalf and shake my head. Lame much?

My advice? Get into Vampire Academy quick smart.
31 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

03/08 marked as: read

Jenna Wainman-Riley Possibly the best review I've read . <3

Thea Sofie Haha, seriously, the way you write, i sure as hell wish you were a writer to. Anyway, i loved your review and i couldn't agree more.

Cynthia !!! :) same thing for me but it was the Harry Potter books :P

Michael Did you see the movie yet? The movie really needs fans to pull through because as of now its a flop. So please support the movie :)