Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > Again the Magic

Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas

Apr 04, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in March, 2011

Book to read relaxing by the Lake!

Recommend: Great book to take when you want something simply to read, but entertaining.

Highlights:
*Aline shows that she has truly loved McKenna since she was a teen. True love. sigh...
*McKenna is a strong willed man who despite being thrown out by Aline's Father and broken hearted, went on to make a name for himself. Survivor comes to mind.
*Aline and McKenna meet years down the road. They find that their love did not die. McKenna does not know the truth about the fateful night he was kicked out and Aline will not tell him. Bitter feelings.
*In the end love conquers all.

What made it less than Excellent:
*The book was too short.
*Did not quite make my to re-read shelf.
*Felt predictable.

Quotes:
"I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath."

"He shook his head, staring at her like a condemned man who beheld the face of his executioner. "Aline," he whispered, "Do you know what hell is?"
"Yes." Her eyes overflowed. "Trying to exist with your heart living somewhere outside your body."
"No. It's knowing that you have so little faith in my love, you would have condemned me to a lifetime of agony." His face contorted suddenly. "To something worse than death."

"It was likely that no one had been surprised, however, as it was clear that Aline and Mckenna belonged together. There was something invisible and yet irrefutable that made them a couple. Perhaps it was the way both of them stole quick glances at each other when one though the other wasn't looking... glances of wonder and hunger."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Again the Magic.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“He shook his head, staring at her like a condemned man who beheld the face of his executioner. "Aline," he whispered, "Do you know what hell is?"

"No. It's knowing that you have so little faith in my love, you would have condemned me to a lifetime of agony." His face contorted suddenly. "To something worse than death.”

Lisa Kleypas
“It was likely that no one had been surprised, however, as it was clear that Aline and Mckenna belonged together. There was something invisible and yet irrefutable that made them a couple. Perhaps it was the way both of them stole quick glances at each other when one though the other wasn't looking... glances of wonder and hunger.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath.”