Dianne's Reviews > Ghost Country

Ghost Country by Patrick  Lee

F_50x66
Dec 17, 10

“Ghost Country” by Patrick Lee
I believe that it is in the readers’ best interest to read “The Breach” before this novel, as you might find yourself questioning quite a bit or even confused, without the background the first novel gives you. This book is a mixture of several styles – sci-fi/mystery/action adventure/thriller that is all rolled up into one neat and tasty package.
Ghost country starts about two years after the ending of “The Breach”. Travis Chase had just received a message from the future from Paige Campbell, in which she says, “find Travis Chase and kill him. More Than 20 million lives are at stake.” “The Breach opens with Paige in a motorcade in Washington DC. She has just had a meeting with the President of the USA and suddenly find her car and those around hers riddled with bullets and survivors being executed. She is in possession of an “entity” which had appeared in the Breach. This “entity” has the ability to let the user travel in time. This particular entity is one that will help Travis and Paige and new character Bethany, stop the Doomsday that will soon end most of the world, as we know it.
It boggles my mind to find out that “Ghost Country “is only the second book that Patrick has published. It is well-crafted novel, with split second timing and an intensity that keeps you from wanting to do much more than read the book then re-read it all over again. Some purists will not be happy about the deus ex machina used in these novels, but I find them interesting and even somewhat refreshing. I love the surprise of having a clever author pull a rabbit out of his hat, as it were. It keeps the reader on his or her toes and never knowing what to expect next. We have no way of predicting the outcome of Mr. Lee’s books, and I love that concept. I had thought Patrick was a seasoned author with many books under his belt. As soon as I finish with this review I will be going back and rereading both “The Breach” and “Ghost Country. I will say this, as with “The Breach” Mr. Lee does leave us with a tiny bit of a cliffhanger like his last novel, so be prepared.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Country.