Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Third Degree

Third Degree by Maggie Barbieri

Like I said in my review of the first four books, even though this series isn't really that well written - something about them is compulsively readable anyway! The characters and their crazy shenanigans really are addicting, and I enjoyed reading the books. Usually character contradictions and the telling of emotions versus the showing and feeling of them are both big deal breakers - but somehow I keep forgiving Maggie Barbieri for her shortcomings as long as she keeps coming through and making me laugh.

Sometimes Alison and her random relationship issues are annoying, but I really love Crawford so really I'm just reacting to her pulling away. I want more of him! Luckily...he never lets her get too far before he yanks the sense back into her.

The mystery in this was fairly interesting - I had a couple of surprises along the way to the resolution. But...mainly I really did keep reading this books because Alison makes me laugh and I'm always wanting to see what she does next.

So, like I've already said - if you're a Stephanie Plum/cozy mystery reader, these books are worth taking a look at. They aren't perfect, but they'll make you laugh!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Third Degree.