Linda I's Reviews > The Templar Legacy

The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry

Dec 16, 2010

bookshelves: conspiracy-thriller, steve-berry
Read in November, 2010

An engaging and good read for fans of Da Vinci Code-type stories. Cotton Malone, a former Justice Department employee, has retired to Copenhagen to become a rare book seller. Unfortunately, his quiet life is interrupted when his former boss, Stephanie Nelle, gets herself involved in a situation needing his help. Nelle's deceased husband had been researching and writing a book looking for the lost treasure of the Templar Knights. Stephanie thought he was a lunatic for pursuing such a wild story, but after she receives his journal in the mail ten years after his death with a note asking her to come to France, her guilt overwhelms her and she compiles. She and Cotton eventually must enlist the help of rich persons considered suspect to the Justice Department, evade the clever attacks of pursuing assassins, meet the illustrious and mysterious Cassiopeia Vitt, endure wild car chases, learn about the fate of Stephanie's also deceased son, Mark, and eventually learn about this secret Templar legacy and how it could change the world. While I enjoyed the book, if I didn't already know that the Cotton Malone series progressively gets better with each book, I probably would not have decided to continue the series. I look forward to reading "The Alexandria Link" and hope it proves to be less stereotypical than this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Templar Legacy.