Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project)'s Reviews > The Fairy Godmother

The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey

Dec 26, 10

bookshelves: owned-paperback
Read from December 20 to 26, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

It’s my first time to read a book by Mercedes Lackey. It’s also my first to read an adult fantasy book. Probably because I found the excerpts of some strangely focused on…well, – to lightly put it – intimacy; which I prefer it to be seen somehow only in a chapter or two. I like fantasy books that engulf in twists in their plot rather than focused on that matter.

When I picked out “A Fairy Godmother”, I automatically expected a Cinderella story retold; I was even wondering why it seemed way too thick for a Cinderella tale. But boy was I wrong. It was a retelling of Cinderella but not entirely focused on that story. It was a marvellous clash of every other fairy tale ever told.

I love how Lackey comprised humor and romance in the least expected events of the story, it was quite entertaining. I didn’t expect any battles for this book, thinking that it was Cinderella so I was surprised to find fighting near the end. It was a bit shortly described but providing a bit of action was also amusing. Although I do have to admit, that the story was a bit too long and some parts are a bit slow but in totality, I was pleased with reading this book. I’m excited to read the other books of the Five Hundred Kingdoms.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fairy Godmother.

12/25/2010 page 335