Brittany's Reviews > Voyager

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Oct 14, 13

bookshelves: historicalfiction, favorites
Read from October 07 to 13, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voyager.

Quotes Brittany Liked

Diana Gabaldon
“Do ye not understand?"he said, in near desparation. "I would lay the world at your feet, Claire-and I have nothing to give ye!"
He honestly thought it mattered.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Aye, well, he'll be wed a long time," he said callously. "Do him no harm to keep his breeches on for one night. And they do say that abstinence makes the heart grow firmer, no?"

"Absence," I said, dodging the spoon for a moment. "AND fonder. If anything's growing firmer from abstinence, it wouldn't be his heart.”

Diana Gabaldon
“It isn't necessarily easier if you know what it is you're meant to do-- but at least you don't waste time in questioning or doubting. If you're honest--well, that isn't necessarily easier, either. Though I suppose if you're honest with yourself and know what you are, at least you're less likely to feel that you've wasted your life, doing the wrong thing.”

Diana Gabaldon
“The most irritating thing about cliches, I decided, was how frequently they were true.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Once you've chosen a man, don't try to change him', I wrote with more confidence. 'It can't be done. More important-don't let him try to change you.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Everyone can lie, young Roger, given cause enough. Even me. It's only that it's harder for those of us who live in glass faces; we have to think up our lies ahead of time.”

Diana Gabaldon
“He was dead. However, his nose throbbed painfully, which he thought odd in the circumstances.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Has he come armed, then?” she asked anxiously. “Has he brought a pistol or a sword?”

Ian shook his head, his dark hair lifting wildly in the wind.

“Oh, no, Mam!” he said. “It’s worse. He’s brought a lawyer!”

Diana Gabaldon
“I know why the Jews and Muslims have nine hundred names for God; one small word is not enough for love.”
tags: love