Gabriela G's Reviews > Ninth Grade Slays

Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer

Dec 16, 10

Read in December, 2010

This book was just as amazing as the first book (Eight Grade Bites) had been. It was such a fun book to read. I love Heather Brewer's writting style, she is able to take the smallest details and turn in into the biggest deal, and it really does add a certain richness to her story and setting. Now lets get to the story and plot; IT WAS AMAZING! In this book Vlad goes to Siberia with his uncle Otis for a small portion of the book (but that was my favorite part to read in the book). He meets up with an old friend of Otis and his father. Vikas, he is one of the oldest vampires in the world, and he meets up with vlad to train him how to use his powers. while in Siberia Vlad also learns about his father and his uncles relationship. In total vlad learns a lot about himself during his trip, which makes me as a reader happy because I love to watch characters grow and develope new views of the world. Also in this book Vlad meets another new person, Henrys cousin, Joss. He becomes friends with him and they protect eachother during their firt year of high school, while Henry gets drolled over by all the girls in the school. Oh and we can't forget about Merdith (Vlads one and only crush) yeah, she's in this book too. In conclusion this book was just a joy to read, my eyes were glued to it 24/7. It gave me a little bit of everything, and a lot of surprises! there are times in this book that just make you wide eyed and mouth opened in awe. I really like how the author makes you feel for the characters, so when your reading this book you dont only feel Sympathy for Vlad, but you acually feel their emotions, ehich is why I now put Heather Brewer in my top lists for talented authors.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ninth Grade Slays.