Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Chasin' Eight

Chasin' Eight by Lorelei James

Jun 30, 2011

bookshelves: misc-ebooks, favorites, top-of-the-top-favorites, re-read-ebook
Read on June 07, 2011 , read count: 2

If I could give MORE than FIVE stars I would!!! Move over Cord, you have to share your spot in my heart/fantasies with Chase =)

I was soo into the story and chemistry between Chase and Ava I could not put it down, I finished around 3:30 AM...Cowgirl Up And Ride has always be my favorite, but Chasin' Eight just shot right there next to it, maybe even a little ahead of it. One of the things I LOVE most about Chase is he has all the sexy McKay swagger, but there's something different about him, there are many depths to this Bad Boy McKay. I LOVED seeing how the relationship between Chase and Ava grew. There are a bunch of great tidbits about the other McKay's we love, just enough to satisfy my McKay addiction but not to detract from Ava and Chase's story. There's even a totally unexpected surprise in this book and NOPE....I'm not telling....

IMO Chasin' Eight could be a stand alone, even with the McKay tidbits in it. You could pick it up read it, get addicted and then start from the beginning, but of course I STRONGLY suggest to start at the beginning and get as addicted to the mouthwatering McKay's as I am. If you don't start at the beginning, then once you finish CE go back and start, you will be ready for a re-read of CE when you finish the first 10 books....

I don't want to take away from any of the other RR books because they are all fantastic, but Chasin Eight, is one of the most complete romance novels I have read, and I mean out of regular romance or erotic. CE has everything it takes to be on that NYT best seller list and I really, really hope it gets there!!! I REALLY hope people who don't normally read erotic, buy CE, because I think they will fall in love with Chase and Ava.

6/28 - I read an ARC in early June and wrote this review, I just finished re-reading CE and it is even better the 2nd time around =)
19 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasin' Eight.

Quotes Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews Liked

Lorelei James
“Let me grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and I'll go.

Get your eyes off my junk and you'll see that I have your toothbrush and toothpaste in my hand.

Oh shit. She raised her gaze only high enough to see, yes indeed, Chase was holding her oral hygiene supplies.”
Lorelei James, Chasin' Eight

06/27/2011 "I am starting my 2nd read of CE, I love Chase and Ava =)"
06/27/2011 "starting my 2nd read of CE, one of my favorites of the series. It can be read as a stand alone, but who would want to miss out on all the smokin hawt lovin of the rest of the series =)" 3 comments
06/28/2011 "Re-reading"
06/28/2011 "I am re-reading and it's even better the second time. I love Chase and Ava and the journey in the road to finding love....sighhh"
06/28/2011
85.0% "This one is full of the LJ majic we love plus some...I really fell in love with Chase and Ava's story =) I am on my 2nd read of CE"

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim O you've read it??????

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews and it was AMAZING!!!! =)

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim O loved the review. If only they would release it early. At first, 12 days didn't seem like a long time, but now it seems like FOREVER.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews Block you out a day to read it uninterrupted =)

message 5: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR How did you manage to get a copy? *cries*
Have already pre-ordered on Samhain where its the cheapest.

April C I can already feel a bad cold coming on..probably will be sick next Tuesday!! LOL!! And how did you manage to get it already?!

message 7: by Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews (last edited Jun 16, 2011 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews A little birdie sent it to me ;-) I was going to order on Samhain, but I have pre-bought it on amazon. I am still buying it, even though I already have a copy. I found out sales from Samhain do not count for NYT best sellers list, so I will try to always order from Amazon unless a book is alot cheaper on the publisher's web-site.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews April I hear there is a horrible 24 flu that is going to hit on June 28 ;-) lol

message 9: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR DiDi, didn't know that. But Samhain is cheaper at the moment so healthier on my bank balance which has taken a bad hit the last couple of days.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews I understand that, I am starting to re-read some of my favorites to help my bank balance...May was the most expensive month ever for me. And I am moving at the end of June so book money is being *gasp* budgeted....

message 11: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR DiDi wrote: "book money is being *gasp* budgeted....
"

I just hate it when that happens!! ^_^

Ashley So jealous right now! The 28th is taking forfreakinever to get here.

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim O can we bribe you for your copy? :)

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews some are trying ;-)

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim O i swear, if I lived in Texas I'd be driving my ass to your house right now.
LOL

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews lmao =) I told the HJG at our get together Sunday that I had read it and they have been trying to get their hands on my naughty kindle ever since ;-)

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim O too funny.
All kiddin aside, that's pretty awesome she did that for you. I know it was payback, but still.......

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews She is amazing =)

message 19: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim O TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Michelle Roggenbuch I'm so jealous right now, but am excited for the 28th. I took a vacation day for the 28th for other circumstances and it just so happens that I can read Chasin' Eight that day. I'll be getting home from Detroit's fireworks activities around midnight or 1AM (after working 10 plus hours)so all I will have to decide is to start reading or get some sleep first :)

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews lol...I can't wait for the 28th so I can talk to friends about the book =) You might want to sleep some first, because you most likely won't want to put it down once you start it ;-)

Marisol Oohh I can't wait to read this. I don't remember if Chase is mentioned in the other books. It's been too long since I've read them.

Sharon I cannot wait for Chase!! I have already told my nearest and dearest that I am out of action on the 28th!!! I can't imagine Cord being replaced as my No. 1 McKay - Chase must be something special. I'm starting today with another re-read of RR in preparation for Chase. It doesn't matter how often I re-read them I never get tired of these cowboys and girls.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews Chase is a dream....I won't go into detail because I want y'all to experience the magic of this book like I did.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews Marisol, Chase is mentioned in the other books he is Ben and Quinn's younger brother, the professional bull rider on the PHRASE circuit

April C Oh crap..I had my thinking it was this Tuesday...man...I bet this illness manifests till the 28th...LOL!!

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews you can "relapse" on the 28th ;-)

Marisol Thanks DIDi. I know what I am doing on the 28th :)

Jolyn Is this one a one on one story or menage?? I love her style but have a hard time if the hero is okay with sharing..

Jolyn Yes!!! Thank you.. Can't wait :)

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews I think you will really like CE :-)

Annelise Loved the review. I've been waiting what feels like forever for CE! Been doing a "Summer re-read" of her other books to keep me busy while waiting. Can't wait to get my hands on this puppy tomorrow!

Sarah ~Book Addict~ I've barely started it and love it so far!

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews This one is full of the LJ majic we love plus some...I really fell in love with Chase and Ava's story =) ENJOY!!!

Sarah ~Book Addict~ Absolutely loved it! It reached favorites status in the series for me. One of I think three so far.