Elliot Hyland's Reviews > De 50/50 moorden

De 50/50 moorden by Steve Mosby

Mar 05, 2011

bookshelves: own
Read from February 19 to March 05, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I wasn't sure about buying this book at first because I had never heard about Steve Mosby. Normally, that wouldn't stop me, but in the popular thrillergenre I tend to go for the big names. I felt that if someone wasn't a well-known author, he probably wouldn't be very good. With Mosby, I was so intrigued by the idea for the book, that I tried my luck.

I'm amazed, gobsmacked, after finishing the thriller. Until the last 40-50 pages I had a pretty good idea about what and how it had happened. Then when Jodie killed the 50/50 killer I was so happy (way to go, Jodie! Nice one!) and I had thought that the last part of the book wouldn't be much special. A bit of babbling, nothing more. But then the story took a whole different turn and I hadn't got a clue anymore about who did it and what his purpose was. It was really thrilling and I must confess I felt somewhat scared for Eileen and what her dead might do to Mercer.

The plot was brilliant. There's no doubt about that. But it is also clear that this book has to have its success from the plot. His writing was okay, a bit nagging at times, but still sufficient. He can make the story exciting, both through the writing and through his choices of scenes.
As for the characters: they have (or at least some of them) an interesting background and their own way of acting and speaking, but they are not jumping from the pages like an Hercule Poirot does.
Nevertheless was it a great story, told in a very clever way. All thrillers should be like this one.

Want to read more reviews, check my blog: http://inklingstime.blogspot.be/
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read De 50/50 moorden.

02/22 page 49