Heidi Thompson's Reviews > Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

liked it
bookshelves: book-club
Recommended to Heidi by: Kelly
Read in December, 2010

As with most of my latest reads, this novel is not one I would have chosen off the shelf for myself. The title would have certainly scared me off. But that seems to be the beauty of belonging to a book club... you get introduced to novels you wouldn't have given a chance.
While this certainly won't go down as one of my favorites, it was a very enjoyable read. This book is about a group of similar aged women in a Minnesota town in the late 60's who decide to form a book club. The story follows their lives over the years, giving each character her own spotlight and evolution. By the end of the novel you feel like you know each individual personally and have gone on their journey with them. I could relate to each character on different levels, so I was invested in each one. For that, I have to give the author credit for a job well done with character development.
The main theme of the novel is the strength of friendship, particularly bonds between women, and how important it becomes during life's twists and turns.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons.