Kelly's Reviews > My Soul to Keep

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

251943
Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, physical-books, read-in-2012
Read from January 02, 2011 to March 21, 2012

Don't you hate it when you read a book and it's really good and the writing is fantastic and the storyline rocks and you hate some of the stuff that happens to one of the main characters and you can't reconcile those two feeling and it kinda makes you feel like some sort of schizophrenic? I DO! Guys, I really liked this book. Really liked it. It had a well paced storyline and everything that happened was downright enthralling. Heck, I wanted to thumb through to the end of the book to see how our heroes made out and I never do stuff like that. Okay, fine. I did thumb through to the end of the book but I only read, like, two sentences so that obviously doesn't count.

My point is that I hated what Nash had to be put through. I get it. It made perfect sense once things started to reveal themselves and I really didn't see the reasoning behind it coming. You know, that kinda makes me either want to applaud Rachel Vincent's writing or sit her down in a corner and give her a stern talking to. Because my poor, poor Nash... err, sorry. Kaylee's poor, poor Nash didn't deserve to be crapped on like he was. He totally got the short end of the stick here. Oh, I'm not talking about the ending, I'm talking about the entire conflict. He wasn't being stupid or irresponsible and he wasn't being greedy or a typical teenager. Yet, he got screwed over. Hard. And in turn he hurt the people closest to him. If I close my eyes and listen closely, there's this little voice inside me screaming that IT'S NOT HIS FAULT. *face palm* I am so a puddle of goo when it comes to misunderstood bad boys.

So, yeah. I liked this book. I think it's my favorite thus far. I really, really liked how some of the events from the last book tied into this one. I liked that Tod had a bit more to do in this one. I liked that Kaylee's still trying her hardest to save those that she can. I liked that she's learning new things about her heritage and birthright every day.

I think I've found my first favorite book of 2011!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Keep.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo I love these books (confession, am somewhat of a Rachel Vincent fan girl so pretty much love everything she's written!). I'd put off reading them cause not a huge YA fan but was mad at myself for this when I did get round to reading them! Are you going straight on to the next? This series really does just go from strength to strength!

Kelly Jo wrote: "I love these books (confession, am somewhat of a Rachel Vincent fan girl so pretty much love everything she's written!). I'd put off reading them cause not a huge YA fan but was mad at myself for t..."

I've read the entire series, minus the newest novella. This is a re-read for a challenge I entered. I'm going to be honest, my thoughts on Nash changed a lot this time around. I have the re-read review going up on Friday at my blog.