Alex's Reviews > The Match Before Christmas

The Match Before Christmas by Eden Winters

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: romance, queer, holiday, short-story
Read in October, 2011

Overall
This was a cute little Christmas story that will ring especially true to all the single people reading it. The narrator is funny and a little self-pitying (but who isn't?) as he struggles through date after horrendous date on an online dating service. The men he meets are outrageous but ring true, and his reaction (normally running away as fast as he can) is enough to put a smile on your face. I think my favorite "date" was with "John," who is oddly the second best thing to come out of the dating service.

Definitely going to re-read this right before the holidays, even if the main character does seem to get luckier than me!

Be sure to check out my other reviews on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Match Before Christmas.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (new) - added it

Eden Winters Glad you liked it, Alex. The third installment in the series, A Lie I Can Live With, about Otis, publishes on November 23. It's a tale based around Thanksgiving.. and gaming.

Alex Eden wrote: "Glad you liked it, Alex. The third installment in the series, A Lie I Can Live With, about Otis, publishes on November 23. It's a tale based around Thanksgiving.. and gaming."

Thanks for the head's up Eden :)