Janet's Reviews > Love's Enduring Promise

Love's Enduring Promise by Janette Oke

Dec 16, 13

Read from December 15 to 17, 2010

***Spoiler Alert*** (It was suggested I do that although I don't believe I'm giving anything way but just to be safe...)

Other than the ending, this book is nothing like the movie of the same title. Not sure why Hallmark/Michael Landon Jr. deviated so far from the original story but they did. Unlike the first book, "Love Comes Softly", this book is at a much quicker pace. Missie, the two-year-old daughter of Clark's in the first book, starts off at age 5 in this book and and is 18, getting married, by the end. Again, lots of ups and downs - they end up taking care of a couple of young sisters due to a promise Marty made to their mother before she died. So besides Clae and Narandy (the two Larson sisters), they have a brood of their own - Missie, Clare, Arnie, Ellie and Luke. A school and church are built as the community grows and as the children grow up, romances begin. It's a sweet story. Although annoying to have the conversations written in hill-billy style, it is getting easier to deal with so either Janette Oke let up on it some :p or I'm getting used to it. It'll be interesting to see what the next book has in store.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love's Enduring Promise.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bethann You should probably put a spoiler alert on your review. I personally don't mind having already read the book, but these kinds of things upset a lot of people.