Katheryne's Reviews > Kira-Kira

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

4311935
Dec 18, 10

bookshelves: sad-end, historical-fiction

the end is kinda sad but the other parts are good. When her sisTer dies she feels really guilty because she was supposed to be with her but she went out to get some fresh air and then she dies at that very moment, while Cynthia was outside. It was really sad but the author was just feeding off of the concept of a family having extremely bad luck. What sort of family wants that much bad luck. And this isn't the 1700s for crying out loud! This is the 1940's at a time where they had doctors medication and hospitals! But they just kept her cooped up in her room and basically they kind of let her die. They didn't want her to, but they could have kept her in the hospital that they may or may not have taken her to. I only remember that much because I read it last year. I think that in that book, her brother's foot gets caught in a mouse trap. What is this, a story of bad luck. What family has that much bad luck. Who in their right minds would write about a poor family having that much bad luck.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kira-Kira.