Draganal lunic's Reviews > The Life of Glass

The Life of Glass by Jillian Cantor

F 50x66
Dec 15, 2010

Read in December, 2010

I read a book called The Life of Glass by: Cantor, Jillian. The book is about a girl whose father dies of lung cancer. The main character’s name is Mellissa. Mellissa’s father dies but the last thing he tells her is that it takes a million years for glass to decay. In school Mellissa isn’t popular even though her sister is the most populist person in the school. Mellissa only has one friend until a new girl comes to town. When this girl comes to Mellissa’s school Mellissa’s life gets better and worse all at the same time. Mellissa’s life changes so much after her dad dies because she could only talk to him about her problems, and now she has no one. She has a hard time sorting out her feelings. Mellissa struggles a lot just like any teen girl would. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes to read long books because it is a long book. I would also recommend this book to any girl who likes to read books that can relate to life. I would also recommend this book to anyone who likes to read sad stories. I really liked this book because it just spoke to you. I also liked it because it was interesting on finding out how a 14 year old girl can deal with so much stress. Especially after her father dies and ends up losing her best friend. Those are just some of the reasons I liked the book but there are lots more. I also liked this book because it was sad but had a great happy ending. This book made me feel kind of sad at the beginning but happy at the end. I wouldn’t change anything about the book. On a scale one to ten I would rate this book a ten. This book is a page turner. This was a great book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life of Glass.