SATIN SUE 's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

May 29, 12

Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy

This book carries on from City of Fallen Angels, Jace is taken and is bound to Sebastian. So anything Sebastian feels Jace feels, and anything Sebastian thinks so does Jace.I think you get the picture. Sebastian has come up with a plan to create bad shadow hunters and take over the world and bring Lilith back to life. He makes a brand new Mortal Cup to help him with his plan.

The Clave do all in there power to track the boys down but guess what they don't mange to find them, (is anyone shocked by this , no I didn't think so lol.) But Jace and Sebastian decide they want Clary in on there plan and go looking for her and Luke ends up getting hurt, but good news is they don't manage to get there hands on her, well yet anyway. A small group of shall I quote the book and say Team good have got together to stop Sebastian and help to save Jace.

Clary finds a way to go with the boys and stay in contact with Simon, who might I add is getting cooler as the books go on. They use a faerie ring which helps them stay in contact through brain power. While she is with the boys we find that Sebastian is more disturbed then we thought, and we see that his feeling for Clary might be a little bit more freaky as well. but ill let you decide for your self on that matter.

Anyway, team good find there is only one way to separate Jace and Sebastian and that is with a sword from heaven and this leaves Simon with his mark of Cain to summon and angel and ask for his help. This ends up with Simon trading his mark for a sword that will burn out the evil in someone.

We end the book with a big fight scene and we see characters like Magnus getting really hurt and Clary ends up putting the Angel Sword right through aces chest leaving him dieing but good news is he is no longer ties to Sebastian. all thought Sebastian manages to escape most of the bad shadow hunters are killed.

OMG, what a book. I really don't know where to start. This book was AMAZING!!!!.

I'm a really big fan of this series anyway and I really didn't think Cassandra could top the last book. but I'm so happy to say she really did. From the first time I sat down to read it I got a big chunk of it read and When I had to put it down to feed my son I really struggled. I found my self reading and cooking at the same time. Yes it was really hard to put down and I was kind of sad when it finished. I thought this book ventured more towards the adult side with some of the scenes that I'm not to sure id be happy with my child reading it, but I would maybe let it slide because there isn't to much detail and things stop before they go to far.

We See's so many different sides to the other characters in this book, that we don't see in the books, like Izzy and her feelings for Simon and her insecurity's and Alec and his doubts about Magnus and we even learn more about Jordan and Maia.

There are a couple of things in this book that I really didn't like and I'm hoping that in the next book Cassandra is going to put them right. the main one being , Magnus and Alec's relationship split. Cassie why on earth would you do this, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks these two should be together forever. So I'm hoping that the two sort them selves out in the next book and get it back on.

Over all this book was a great read and If you read it you will find it so hard to put it down. I word of advise for people who haven't started this series yet, go out get the full series and don't stop reading till you finish it. Im telling you will find its worth it. If you like me you will fall in love with team good and you will wish you could join in there little gang lol.

pop over to my blog and see what other awards i gave this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.