Marsha's Reviews > Bound By Darkness

1991207
Dec 20, 11

Recommended for: Adult lovers of Paranormal Mysteries
Read on December 18, 2011, read count: Once

This is a difficult review for me to write because I enjoy most books written by Alexandra Ivy; however, at times it feels as though some authors have a tried and true formula for how they approach a story line. For me, this is the case with Alexandra Ivy. Her characters dislike each other at first. Then, they begin explaining to themselves why a relationship with the other party is a no no and finally they get together. After two or three novels like this, the formula does not work and after six it becomes an irritant. “Bound by Darkness” is the seventh book in the Guardians of Eternity series and was my least favorite.

Jaelyn is a vampire; but, not just any vampire. She is a hunter and when necessary a deadly assassin. She has been given the charge of hunting down Arriyal, the Fae Sylvermyst. Unfortunately, he has escaped her grasp and now she is his prisoner. He takes her to Avalon where time moves at a different pace and she is totally unreachable by her peers. Although they both are attracted and irritated with each other, they must find a way to work together if they are to save the world from the return of the Dark Lord.

In addition to Jaelyn and Arriyal, Ivy infuses the book with two other characters who are attracted to each other but do not like each other, Nefri and Santiago. Ivy uses these characters as a prequel for her next book. Also, one of my favorite characters Levet the gargoyle is back. He is the only character that made this book truly entertaining for me. As much as I truly hate to admit it, it is time for this series to end while it is still on top. I truly hope that Ivy allows her fans some well needed closure by allowing the sisters to reunite and end it all by making book eight the last.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound By Darkness.