Kelly's Reviews > The Pursuit of Pleasure

251943
Feb 27, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, free-ebooks, read-in-2011
Read from February 21 to 27, 2011

Overall, I liked this book. That said, I have to admit that there was a point where I put down the book (not because anything happened exactly, but just because I had other things to do or something) and I had a really, really hard time picking it back up again.

See, there's this thing that happens. Oh, look. I guess that thing I said in the paragraph above about nothing exactly happening was a lie. It is a thing that happens that made me all mopey with the book. Anyway. There's a lot of buildup to this thing so you know it's coming and it's not a surprise in ANY WAY and yet when it came I was like, "Oh, cinnamon sticks! Why did he do that? Is he really that clueless that his actions won't have consequences?"

So I put the book down to do things like take my dogs for a walk or take a shower or make dinner and I kinda got disheartened and I kept picking up other books instead of finishing this one because I was a little disappointed in Jamie's lack of foresight with his epic plan and everything. BUT... but then I decided that I wasn't going to let some fictional character scare me away from a book that I was enjoying and I picked it up and finished it.

Because I'm mentally strong like that.

And the book was really good. Jamie even has a moment where he was like, "What did I do? Why was I so clueless that my actions wouldn't have consequences?" And I was like, *fist pump* "I am vindicated!" And then I finished the book.

So. Jamie and Lizzie are pretty damn good together. They're sexy and sassy and they have this whole misunderstanding thing going on. Only it's more than a misunderstanding. It's that thing that I lamented up above and it's pretty much the pivotal plot point for the entire book. But it worked. It worked and I ended up liking it.

So after all the trials and tribulations, this is a good book.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pursuit of Pleasure.