Tee's Reviews > The Confession of Katherine Howard

The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn

Dec 15, 10

Life in the household of the Dutchess of Norfolk was susposed to be a stepping stone to social graces and eduction. Mother's sent their noble daughters to be taught to read Latin, play the virginals and dance. What the girls really learned was very little in the way of prep for a position at court. The improvished noblewoman kept up a front, all the while keeping very little control over the doings in her household. In fact, the girls were allowed to 'run a little wild'.

Writen not by Katherine, but by one of her close friends, the reader walks along side the girl destined to be a queen. Like most very girls Katherine experiments with womanhood and learning the art of flirtation. We also see Katherine pushing the limits a bit too far with young swains she knows will never met with the Howard family approval.

'They never asked me if I was a virgin,before I married the king,' Katherine states. A valid point to make as Cranmer and Cromwell go about investigating her past. Katherine Howard gets to play queen at the cost of her life.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Confession of Katherine Howard.