Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > All She Wrote

All She Wrote by Josh Lanyon

Dec 29, 10

bookshelves: rainbow-gay, glbt, action-crime-suspense
Read on December 28, 2010

My first impression is that the mystery was really good. Maybe the author was distracting me all the time with Kit and JX's relationship, but I didn't get a clue about who was guilty until when Kit himself started to realize it, and I wasn't even sure then. The setting was beautiful. I enjoyed the writing class at the beginning, it was really a way to bring out the secondary characters. I also liked that everyone had a shady past, something to hide or something that could make them suspects. They were not all facts, there was a lot of gossip, so I was just collecting this amount of data throughout the book and I felt I was really looking into Kit's mind. I enjoyed the story very much, because I felt was playing along with Kit and JX.

I love Kit. He doesn't hide what he's thinking from the readers, even when he recognizes his behaviour is not rational. He is self-absorbed (and everyone keeps reminding him of that), but he's not selfish. He cares for his self-preservation and he tries to protect himself from additional heartaches. The way he was hurt by his ex-lover comes through, not in Kit's conscious statements but between the lines, in the occasional asides. He admits he doesn't know if he can trust someone again, if he can endure the doubts and the straining of a relationship, but the way he was hurt is something so deep that it has become part of himself. I had not realized it in the first book of the series Somebody Killed His Editor.

I think Kit grows up in this book. At one point he makes the conscious effort to acknowledge someone else's feelings and you can really feel he is changing. I don't know if it's JX's merit, even if JX is adorable and he really cares for Kit. Maybe JX is the best "excuse" Kit needs to face his fears.

I liked JX better in this book. He doesn't lose the "perfect boyfriend" façade, but he's warmer and his intentions are clearer. And he's yummy. I know this is not a profound statement in a review, but I fantasized along with Kit all the time.

I'm looking forward to Kit and JX's next adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All She Wrote.

12/28/2010
31.0% "I'm smiling. I know this makes me insensitive to what has just happened, but I'm smiling all the time"

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i am about to start it.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I'm starting it now too! Smiling? Why?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions :) just started what thread our we discussing under... we have a few threads going... this one ok with you Em? we sometimes take over threads... N blabbs

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ I don't mind handing over threads, lol

It made me smile because Kit is wonderful. At the beginning of the book he is very old Kit, but throughout the book he's literally growing up. And J.X. is much better in this book.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions That's great I am just getting with JX in the story but kit seems to be noticing what a catch JX is!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ At last, lol! After the phone call at the beginning of the book I wanted to slap Kit. Anyway, I'd like to ask Josh if he'd consider killing David and/or Dickie and have Kit and JX investigate, lol

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Who are David and Dickie?

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Kit's ex lover and Kit's former PA. The bastards. But now he's better off with JX :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions oh yeah i hate dirty cheaters and what a sucky suck PA

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I still have to get to Somebody Killed His Editor! But this sounds REALLY GOOD! Thanks, very nicly written review :D
"Happy New Year" So happy that you are my Friend =:)