Shari's Reviews > Torment

Torment by Lauren Kate

Jul 07, 11

Read from December 14, 2010 to January 18, 2011

First just let me say I hate writing reviews for books I didn't enjoy. That being said I always aim to give honest reviews no matter where the book came from. So here goes. I spent so much time groaning through this book. Luce is so whiny that she becomes extremely annoying. I almost put it down for good more than once. Luce and Daniel are probably my least favorite young adult couple. They don't communicate, they keep secrets from each other constantly, secrets that just cause more problems, as most do. Luce is away from Daniel for a few short days and starts questioning her love for him and thinks that maybe she would rather be with Miles a boy from the new school. Speaking of school, the whole book had a same story different school feel to it. And once again all of the action and the climax of the story happened right at the end of the book. I'm okay with cliff hangers as long as the rest of the book has something remotely interesting going on. The best part of this book for me were the side characters and the abilities of the shadows. They are the only reason that I finished this book. I won't be reading the next book.
This book has been on the New York Times bestseller list so obviously I'm one of the few who haven't enjoyed this series. I guess you just can't like them all.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torment.