Luckylyn86's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

Quotes Luckylyn86 Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Really, the combination of the scabs and the ointment looks hideous. I can't help enjoying his distress.
"Poor Finnick. Is this the first time in your life you haven't looked pretty?" I say.
"It must be. The sensation's completely new. How have you managed it all these years?" he asks.
"Just avoid mirrors. You'll forget about it," I say.
"Not if I keep looking at you," he says.”

Suzanne Collins
“Beetee is still messing round the tree, doing I don't know what. At one point he snaps off a sliver of bark, joins us, and throws it against the force field. It bounces back and lands on the ground, glowing. In a few moments it returns to its original color. "Well, that explains a lot," says Beetee. I look at Peeta and can't help biting my lip to keep from laughing since it explains absolutely nothing to anyone but Beetee. ”

Suzanne Collins
“The bird, the pin, the song, the berries, the watch, the cracker, the dress that burst into flames. I am the mockingjay. The one that survived despite the Capitol's plans. The symbol of the rebellion.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm going to wake Peeta," I say.
"No, wait," says Finnick. "Let's do it together. Put our faces right in front of his."
Well, there's so little opportunity for fun left in my life, I agree. We position ourselves on either side of Peeta, lean over until our faces are inches frim his nose, and give him a shake. "Peeta. Peeta, wake up," I say in a soft, singsong voice.
His eyelids flutter open and then he jumps like we've stabbed him. "Aa!"
Finnick and I fall back in the sand, laughing our heads off. Every time we try to stop, we look at Peeta's attempt to maintain a disdainful expression and it sets us off again.”

Suzanne Collins
“I pull an arrow, whip the notch into place, and am about to let it fly when I'm stopped by the sight of Finnick kissing Peeta. And it's so bizarre, even for Finnick.”

Suzanne Collins
“It must be very fragile, if a handful of berries can bring it down.”

Suzanne Collins
“I guess this is a bad time to mention I hung a dummy and painted Seneca Crane's name on it...”

Suzanne Collins
“Aim higher in case you fall short.”

Suzanne Collins
“At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead.The hard thing is finding the courage to do it.”

Suzanne Collins
“Remember, girl on fire,” he says, “I'm still betting on you.”