Lydia Presley's Reviews > Enchanted Ivy

Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst

Dec 15, 10

bookshelves: 2010, fiction, fantasy, young-adult
Read from December 14 to 15, 2010

I didn't cave to the pressure of The Ivy or any of the other gossipy-type books dealing with ivy league schools, but I couldn't resist the fantasy element of Enchanted Ivy. I'm glad as well, because this was an incredibly fun book with a lot of fun information filling its pages.

Sarah Beth Durst went to Princeton and the cover indicates that she spent some time there wondering what the gargoyles would say if they could talk...and so a story woven around the history and architecture of Princeton was born.

Lily has a mother who is fading away mentally and a grandfather who is an alumnus of Princeton. Lily wants more than anything to attend Princeton, but must first finish high school to do so. While there are some strange resolutions to the book with regard to the age of Lily, the story itself is fun, fast-paced, filled with magic and lore.

Enchanted Ivy is a satisfying fantasy book and one I'll be recommending to the teenage girls in my life. It's fun to read about college, even more fun to read about the Ivy Leagues and when you toss magic and fantasy into the mix - well, it just can't get better than that.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanted Ivy.