~J~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > Slow Ride

Slow Ride by Lorelei James

Apr 21, 11

Read on April 21, 2011

WHAT THE HELL

I usually get an inkling of how many stars I will give a book in the first quarter of the book, and I had this one set at a definite 4. Until.....I'm sitting in the car, listening to my Kindle read it to me (on a long trip home), patiently waiting for the scorching sex scene.....& it didn't fu*king come!!!

One minute I am listening to them undressing, ready to get all down and dirty on the sand, then next I am listening to "About the Author". I was completely dumb founded and had to do a double take, stopping my Kindle to go back and find out what the hell was going on. The worst part was that flicking back was like a double edged sword. The encouraging side was that - no my Kindle didn't fuck up & malfunction, but the bad side was that I got a whole lot of cock block!!! WTF!!!???!!!

Where the hell is my sex scene???????

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Ride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie There's no sex in a Lorelei James novel?????

~J~ Riverina Romantics I KNOW!!! WTH!!! I still can't get over it!

message 3: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie I can't get over it either! I don't have to have sex scenes in a book to enjoy it, but I've come to expect it from her.

~J~ Riverina Romantics I am exactly the same. I don't need it, although I have come to prefer it, but with Lorelei ...COME ON! I seriously thought my Kindle had skipped to the end of the book by mistake. What is this woman doing to me! LOL

message 5: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Could it be a "To Be Continued" thing? Or maybe just a teaser? I'm at a loss here. LOL

~J~ Riverina Romantics It was an added story on Keely & Jack (after they already had their own book). Kinda not seeing the point.

message 7: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Well, I just don't get it... ;)

~J~ Riverina Romantics Either do I Nissie, either do I. Probably why it's star rating is lower then most of her others.

message 9: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Most likely. Is the story good at least?

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly Hey she walked in on some sex lol!

~J~ Riverina Romantics The very short story made me laugh and I was really enjoying it, so I assumed it would end with a show stopping sex scene.
She did walk in on some sex, but that was all and it wasn't a great scene because it was her brother. I'm tipping if I walked in on that I would bleech my eye balls.

Michelle the Romance Witch this is just a short funny story to go in between the couples main love story and the next novel... if you want hot sex read Keely and jack's full story All Jacked Up. Ms. James just decided to show us a fun and more deep side of the couple. Don't judge her as an author by this one book alone! if you do you will miss a secy and unforgettable series.