Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Burning Up

1962503
Aug 23, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, steampunk, fantasyromance
Read on August 23, 2011

New in Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series is Whisper of Sin, in which a woman in lethal danger finds an unlikely protector- and lover- in a volatile member of the DarkRiver pack.

This is Emmett and Ria's story and I must say that I do like when changelings and human fall in love. Never been much of a Psy fan. Anyway Ria is in danger from bad guys, Emmett protects her, they fall in love. It's all very short, hot and sweet. I was happy with thsi story.

In Angela Knights's Blood and Roses, a vampire warrior and his seductive captor join forces to stop a traitor from unleashing an army of demonic predators on their kingdom.

I did like the world, I did like the story but still some things were not to my liking. Our heroine does something and the next second she and the hero is in love. That was one big case of insta-love, and yes this is a short story so it have to be like that. But I guess because of how it started I just could not believe in it.

Virginia Kantra continues the haunting tales of the Children of the Sea in Shifting Sea, the story of a wounded soldier rescued by a strange and enigmatic young woman.

Jack meet Morwenna and they have wild passionate sex. I want to read more about this world and the immortals of the sea. They sound fascinating even if there is nothing hot about dolphin, whale and all the rest shifters.

Meljean Brook launches a bold new steampunk series with Here There Be Monsters, as a desperate woman strikes provocative- and terrifying- bargain to gain overseas passage.

Ivy wants to get out of London and meets Mad Machen. The bad bad pirate. Arghhh matey. Sorry. It was a good story about these two finding each other, hating each other, and learning about each other. It was not as good as later stories though, but still good.

So all in all I think this was a good anthology. Fans of Singh will want her story, the same for fans of the Iron Seas series. And i shall bump up up my Sea shifter story in my tbr pile.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Up.