Zeek's Reviews > Styx's Storm

Styx's Storm by Lora Leigh

Dec 14, 10

bookshelves: favorites-pnr, pnr, pnromantica, favorite-author
Read in December, 2010

Assigned to bring in the daughter of a scientist who once worked for the dreaded Council that created a new race of genetically enhanced cross breeds, Styx knows almost immediately that Storme Montague is his woman, even if the the telltale mating signs are mysteriously regressed for them. So when he gains the opportunity to charm and seduce he does so with little effort, ensnaring the elusive woman thought to secretly hold information vital to both the evil Council and The Breeds.

Storm cant believe she fell for the sexy wolf breed's act, nor does she know who to trust anymore. After witnessing her brother's bloody death before her very eyes by a cruel Coyote Breed, she's reluctant to trust the Council board who created the monsters who killed her family, let alone the Breeds themselves. But something about the safety she feels when with the charming Styx is softening her.

Will she be able to let down her guard long enough to trust again before the wrong person gets to her and the information she's hiding?

Don't shout me down for preachin' good- but I liked this one! I know, I know, LL's quality of work- always in need of improvement- has been particularly subpar lately, but Styx's Storm I can genuinely say was an enjoyable read for me! (Heck I started and finished it in one sitting because I couldnt put it down!)

Sure the heroine hung on to her hatred and mistrust for a LONG while, but- BUT, I gotta say- as forgiving as I tend to be- if I saw my own much beloved brother's throat ripped out in front of me, It would take a long LONG time for me to get passed it myself. Nope, she didnt bother me. And I certainly loved Styx, because, well who wouldn't love a guy who knows your his and doesnt. give. up no matter how impossible a relationship seems?

So yeah, 4.5 out of 5 from me! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Styx's Storm.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Willow Brook Nice review. I also thought this was the best she's turned out in the past couple of years and found Storm's anger, fear and mistrust very understandable.

Zeek Whew! Glad I'm not the only one! ;)