Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)'s Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Dec 14, 10

bookshelves: dystopian-post-apocalyptic, favorites
Read in January, 2010

One of my top five favorite books ever. Seriously. It's that good. The writing is phenomenal. The story is ridiculously good. The characters are well-developed.

I am very much looking forward to seeing this book brought to life on the big screen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

Suzanne Collins
“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.

I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.

So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouragingly.

I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.

Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.”

Suzanne Collins
“I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, 'So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?' I turn into him. 'Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.”