Jimmy's Reviews > Doctor Who: Autonomy

3197522
Feb 10, 11

bookshelves: doctor-who-the-10th-doctor
Read from December 14 to 16, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

The Doctor continues his adventures through time and space. This time he is on Earth, 2013. Sadly I confess that the Autons are not as promising an alien as I took them to be in the premiere episode of the TV series. Respectfully, I’m sure others will disagree with me. Hyperville is impressive, and easily imagined to come true in the near future along with its high security Oculators. The Doctor continues to impress me when he snaps his fingers to shut the doors of the TARDIS. Also, his snap has me reminiscing the mystery and puzzle of Riversong. (“Spoilers”) Daniel Blythe puts a cheesy grin on my face when Magambo from UNIT makes a cameo appearance, another great character from the TV series.
The Doctor continues to fight for the humans of Earth while respecting the rights of aliens even though their actions can be questionable or even wrong. His ethics and standards are outrageously high, which makes it difficult and heart breaking for him to make the hard decisions.
If for nothing else, this novel adventure of the 10th Doctor is fast-paced, highly entertaining, and a fun read as the Doctor and his friends fight through different theme parks of Hyperville, while giving us the insight to what happened to the Autons who survived Series 1 Episode 1.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Who.