Jude's Reviews > Some Girls Are

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers

Oct 15, 12

bookshelves: in-my-shelf

This is the first Courtney Summer’s novel I read. When I read the summary I thought it would be a novel with mean girls Gossip Girl like, Just a lot more Blair Waldorf’s around. God I had never been more blown away.

First, I’d like to remark Courtney Summer's writing style. It’s amazing, page turning and I love how it seems like she’s teasing. Telling bits and pieces here and there but never fully giving in. With just writing one sentence or just one word per page she managed to get my heart racing.

Some Girls Are is a strong novel. It takes bullying to another level that makes you wonder; How is it that someone could do that? How could you be so cruel? Do that kind of people really exist? Sad truth: They do. Regina Afton used to be at the top, and there's a long, long way to fall down, and she'll definitely be getting bruises.

I’d like to quote a review – yes, I’ll post a review on my review – It says exactly what I wanted to say:

“Every emotion is palpable, and it’s impossible not to feel every punch – physical and emotional”

A strong novel, with strong characters that will get deep under your skin. You won’t forget it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Are.

Quotes Jude Liked

Courtney Summers
“Write it down today, put it away, make sense of it tomorrow.”
Courtney Summers, Some Girls Are

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carissa (new) - added it

Carissa Hopefully you'll take a look at Summer's 'This is Not a Test.' ^.^ It is such an intense and remarkable read.