Darkfallen's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Oct 14, 11

bookshelves: waiting-is-breaking-me, read-n-reviewed
Read from October 11 to 13, 2011

Hush Hush was absolutely amazing. There is no denying that. Then Crescendo was just ok. I mean I personally gave it 4 stars. I liked it, just didn't LOVER is the way I did with Hush Hush. But after reading Crescendo some fans of Patch dropped off the map. They couldn't handle all of Nora's crying or what not.

Well I didn't fall off the bandwagon and I am here to tell everyone that loved Hush Hush that you need to push through book two. Because you don't want to miss Silence.

Yes yes folks it is that good. Patch oh Patch! *swoons* This book picks up where Crescendo left off...kinda. You remember when Patch and Nora finally work it all out and walk hand in hand to the maintenance shed in Delphic Park and next this you know they are swarmed by men and a guy yells "Grab the angel!"? Yea so that didn't turn out so well for Nora.

In Silence Nore wakes up in a cemetery with no memory of how she got there. In fact as it turns out she doesn't remember the last five months apparently. Last thing she remembers was sitting in Biology glass in April. Now it's September and she's waking up in a cemetery. She even missed her 17th birthday.

And Patch? Whose Patch?

That's right...this Nora has been basically reset to her prior Patch, Fallen Angel, Nephil days. But she can't stand not know what happened to her, and she can't help but notice that everyone is hiding stuff from her. And why in the HELL is her mother dating Hank Millar?!

We spend most of this book with Nora trying to get her memory back. And yes YES ok so she still cries at the drop of a hat but cut the girl some slack! She was kidnapped for Pete's sakes. I say she can cry if she wants to. Shit I would be crying to is that happened to me and then I couldn't even remember who did it to me. In the end though Nora pulls out all stops and steps up to the plate. Our little fragile Nora isn't so fragile anymore. *winks*

And what about Patch you want to know? What if tell you that he just got even more swoon worthy? On top of his already OMG I JUST WANT TO HIDE YOU IN MY CLOSEST inducing persona...Patch finally shows his soft side. He finally says all the things that need to be said. He doesn't fight. To Hell with "I have to protect you by running from you." crap. He finally admits that he can't do it anymore. And OMG meeting this side of Patch just makes me want him so much more. That and is smart-ass bad boy comments;-)

Add everything with a twist at the end of the book that I guarantee you won't see coming, and you have a book that you can't put down. So for those of you out there that haven't started this series yet I say What are you waiting for?! and for those of you that are leery after reading Crescendo I say Everything you loved in book one is back. That's right Silence has put the awe back into Hush Hush!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

10/11/2011 page 27
6.0% "A sensation grabbed at my heart, tugging and twisting. My body went slack, tottering in the air. I saw the gold blur of the street lights above, heard the river lapping under the bridge, smelled the exhaust from his running car. But it was all in the background. A dizzy afterthought. With only that brief warning, I felt myself swaying, swaying. Falling into nothing. I was unconscious before I hit the ground."
10/11/2011 page 82
19.0% "Ph I've missed this!"
10/12/2011 page 85
19.0% "I flung myself inside the Volkswagen, wondering why I'd ever believed I could waltz back into my life and expect to pick up right where things had left off. Because that was exactly it. Things hadnt left off. They'd moved on without me. Sighs"
10/12/2011 page 112
26.0% "Werebears? There's not supposed to be weres in this story? Well I didn't see that one coming.."
10/12/2011 page 150
34.0% "Ok you know what Mrs Noras Mom Whatever Your Name Is?!?! Your really pissing me the BLLLEEEEPPPP off. Oh dare you lie like this. URG! *throws noras mom, ie the book, across the room*"
10/12/2011 page 220
50.0% "The other night, why did you call me Angel?" "If I were thinking straight, I'd take you home right now," he said quietly. "But?" "But I'm tempted to do something I'll probably regret. " SQUEEEE!!! Patch I love you:)"
10/13/2011 page 424
97.0% "GASP!!!"
10/13/2011 page 430
98.0% ""we dot have to go back to my place, Angel. I can take you home, if that's what you want. Or, if you decide to sleep a my place, on opposite sides of my bedroom with Do Not Cross line drawn down the middle, I'll do it. I won't like it, but I'll do it. " Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads) Chica I was actually so against this because of what else I heard! Your review is tempting me...

Darkfallen oooooOOOOOooooo tempt you I will. I loved this! Even though Crescendo was MEH this was WOW. I would read it if I were you.

Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads) Darkfallen wrote: "oooooOOOOOooooo tempt you I will. I loved this! Even though Crescendo was MEH this was WOW. I would read it if I were you."

Ah...the force is strong within you! FINE :P I wills!

Greta is Erikasbuddy Squee diddles!! I'm sold!! I was going to dump the series but if my Patchums (that's right... MY!) is back to his old swoon-worthy self.. and more so... then RAWR!! I;m in!

Most awesome review!