Lisarenee's Reviews > I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It

2038272
Dec 13, 10

bookshelves: paranormal
Read in December, 2010

Okay, I read this book because of our discussion on whether or not authors could cross a line when redefining a supernatural creature. A zombie/human relationship is the one we felt would cross that line with the Eew factor. So in the name of research I read this book. :)

The Good - I liked the message at the end which was don't take life for granted. Don't throw it away and enjoy it for the incredible gift it is. Plus, there was quite a bit of humor added in and this was not meant to be a serious romance.

First Kiss - before she knows he's a zombie. she thinks he's sick:

"There're a lot of things I can't do," he says. "With my health." (side note from me, Lisarenee - Thank Goodness!lol)

Well," I say, "can you kiss girls?"

He nods, and I lean over and give him our first kiss. Whatever it is that he has makes his mouth cold and dry, and I can taste the medicine on him, but he leans into the kiss."

If you really like someone, it doesn't matter what their mouth feels or tastes like. The kiss is still awesome. Page 42

The Bad: The first kiss had an Eew factor of 7 out of 10 on the Eew scale, but the fact she made out with the zombie (although not in great detail - thank goodness) brought it up to a 9 out of 10 on the Eew scale. Then there was the last scene which brought the Eew scale to 10, but I'm not going to spoil it for you with details. lol

The ugly - Zombies! Duh! Thankfully, I do not see a bunch of Zombie/Human romances in the near future. I say don't do it authors. It's just too gross!

So with the good, the bad, & the ugly out of the way I give this book a 3 stars. It had me alternating between chuckles and Eews and had a nice message at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sans (new)

Sans Lisa, you sure did take one for the team with this read!

message 2: by Sashana (new)

Sashana And I notice that you were the first person on GR to rate this book.

Regina oh please spoil me please do about the last ew factor since i wont read this anyways haha it sounds so bad!

message 4: by Ami (new) - added it

Ami Squirrel Girl Read "Warm Bodies" by Isaac Marion. Its told from the POV of an old school zombie who forms a relationship, though not a romantic one, with a living girl. It's just a spectacular novel that explores zombie-human relations outside of gunshots to the head and flesh-eating.

message 5: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 28, 2012 09:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisarenee Ami wrote: "Read "Warm Bodies" by Isaac Marion. Its told from the POV of an old school zombie who forms a relationship, though not a romantic one, with a living girl. It's just a spectacular novel that explore..."

A few months back I read Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel which had me eating my words--something I'm always glad to do when a book is involved. It was the first Zombie/Human relationship book that I really liked a lot. A friend recommended it and didn't tell me it was a Zombie book. Sneaky, right? I absolutely loved it. They did have rules such as no French kissing which I think is needed in one of these. It was just written so well I even fell a tiny bit in love with the male zombie character. I listened to the audio book version and hooked my daughter on it as well.