Zette's Reviews > Surrender Bay

Surrender Bay by Denise Hunter

Dec 13, 10

Read in December, 2010

Let me start by saying that I enjoyed this story of love and forgiveness very much and I'm going to start #2 in the series today. I was a little concerned though because this is in the Christian Romance category but there is absolutely no mention of God. I kept expecting to find a conversion moment in the book and was surprised when I got to the end without finding one. About 3/4 of the way through, I did begin to connect that the author was trying to help us visualize how God's love is for us. He will never give up on us, always forgive us and most importantly always love us no matter what we've done. I would still like to have seen a bit of a continuation to their story and have them turn to God to find the true, perfect love they were looking for. We all know that human love is no comparison to God's perfect love. People, even the most wonderful man alive, will always let us down in some way and if we look to them to make us happy and complete, we will be disappointed. If the reader was not a Christian, they might not see the deeper meaning to the story and relate it more to finding the right man to make you happy rather than looking to God.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender Bay.