Christie's Reviews > Poison Study

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Dec 27, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, favorites, kick-ass-heroines
Recommended to Christie by: Jessica
Recommended for: teen girls; anyone looking for a quick and entertaining read
Read in December, 2010

So I rarely give books five stars, but this one definitely deserved them. So much action, adventure, suspense, intrigue, and romance packed into one 400 page book is amazing. The book never drags and it never seems that the author is just throwing things in the mix just to fill up pages. Everything connects at the end and makes sense.

Yelena is such a great heroine in this book. So many books for teens and young adults do not have the greatest female role models (think Twilight), but this one delivers a heroine who can think for herself, get herself out of trouble, and do what it takes. Yes there are a few times when she gets in a situation where she cannot save herself and has to rely on the male characters, but at the end she saves everyone even the men who had previously come to HER aid. It was very refreshing to see a female character who did not spend the whole time pining over a guy or waiting for a guy to come save her from her predicaments.

This was just a great book and totally deserving of all 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Study.

Quotes Christie Liked

Maria V. Snyder
“Everyone makes choices in life. Some bad, some good. It's called living, and if you want to bow out, then go right ahead. But don't do it halfway. Don't linger in whiner's limbo.”
Maria V. Snyder, Poison Study

Maria V. Snyder
“Yelena, you've driven me crazy. You've caused me considerable trouble and I've contemplated ending your life twice since I've known you." Valek's warm breath in my ear sent a shiver down my spine.

"But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.”

“That sounds more like a poison than a person,” was all I could say. His confession had both shocked and thrilled me.

“Exactly,” Valek replied. “You have poisoned me.”
Maria V. Snyder, Poison Study