Christine's Reviews > Match Me If You Can

Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Dec 13, 10

bookshelves: romance

Ah, finally found a contemporary romance worth reading. This was witty, even laugh out loud funny at times, with decent characters and a quick pace.

Basically: The match maker is going to fall for the guy she's trying to set up. You've probably run into this plotline before, but as with many things, it's the execution that makes it work. In this case, I can't even honestly say, as I so often do, that the two were idiots and should have realized from the start that they belonged together. Their relationship progressed naturally and gradually, without lightening strikes or duh moments.

My only complaint is the ending, which somehow didn't work for me as well as the rest of the book. I'm not sure why. There was a momentary "I can't admit I love you even though I love everything about you" point that didn't go on long enough to be a quest for the three magic words, but which still, IMO, broke the flow.

But basically, I'm going to look for more books by this author. Maybe even some of the earlier books in the series, since I think I was supposed to know all of her happily-married book club friends.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match Me If You Can.

Liz B I adore Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Not all of hers are wonderful--but a lot are; one is on my all-time-favorites list, and several are keepers.